Friday, April 3, 2009

Trying My Hand At Sewing.




So here is the card that I made using my new sewing machine. I still have to get the hang of how to stitch straight, but I think I did a pretty good job for my first time sewing! This card was a pretty easy card that I put together last night while I was in the middle of making dinner...haha. Sometimes I get ideas in my head for designs or color combos and I can't stop thinking about it until I make the card. Yikes....you know you are obsessed when....
The patterned paper is My Mind's Eye Garden Party. I've had it forever and like many others I tend to hoard my pretty paper! I have so much paper, it's ridiculous, but I don't like using it. Weird...I know! The stitching was done in a light pink and I wish you could see it better in the pictures. I added the buttons and ribbon on the side to balance my card. Hope everyone is having a great day!
~Maryann
{Supplies}
Paper - Hibiscus Burst, Stamper's Select White (Papertrey Ink), My Mind's Eye Garden Party patterned paper
Ink - Hibiscus Burst (Papertrey Ink)
Stamp - Scribbles Alphabet (Autumn Leaves)
Others - Hibiscus Burst vintage buttons, Hibiscus Burst Twill Ribbon (Papertrey Ink)

No comments:

Post a Comment