Friday, April 10, 2009

It's The Weekend!!







I love the weekends! Getting to spend time with my family is the best.

This weekend is especially meaningful because it is Easter. Easter is a time for us to celebrate the death and resurrection of our Savior Jesus Christ. Easter is one of my most favorite holidays because we really get a chance to focus on the real reason we are celebrating the holiday. Tonight we will go to Good Friday service. Good Friday service usually is a somber service because we think about what Jesus went through on the cross that day. The fact that Jesus was crucified so that we can be forgiven of our sins. But we also can look forward to Sunday when we can celebrate his resurrection and know that he is alive again.

I have been busy today baking for the holiday and making cards for Easter and also for a friends birthday we are going to tomorrow.
The first card is one that I made for my parents for Easter. The patterned paper is from Cosmo Cricket's Honey Pie line. It kind of has an embroidery look to it. I love it! The punches with the chicks in it are actually punched out from one of the patterned papers. Isn't that so cute!
The next card is one that I just made for fun. I went a little crazy with the stitching! I'm still learning but am loving the look it gives to my cards. Just need to keep practicing! All the materials on that card are from Papertrey Ink.
Finally, the last card is one that I made for the birthday party we are going to on Saturday. It is for a guy friend, hence the lack of frilly embellishments. =)
It's pretty simple but I love it! The paper is from SEI's Oasis line. It's so pretty, but I don't use it as often as I would like.
Hope everyone has a great Easter weekend spending time with their loved ones.
~Maryann
{Easter Card Supplies}
Paper - Lemon Tart, Summer Sunrise, Stamper's Select White (Papertrey Ink), Cosmo Cricket Honey Pie patterned paper
Ink - Summer Sunrise (Papertrey Ink)
Stamp - Fresh Alphabet (Papertrey Ink)
Other - Lemon Tart Saddle Stitch Ribbon (Papertrey Ink), Rhinestones (Studio 18, Michael's)
{Star Card Supplies}
Paper - Spring Rain, Bitty Dot Basics in Plum Pudding, Raspberry Fizz, and Spring Moss, Stamper's Select White (Papertrey Ink)
Ink - Plum Pudding, Raspberry Fizz, Spring Moss (Papertrey Ink)
Stamp - 2008 Holiday Tag Collection (Papertrey Ink)
Other - Plum Pudding, Raspberry Fizz, and Spring Moss Saddle Stitch Ribbon (Papertrey Ink), sewing machine
{Birthday Card Supplies}
Paper - SEI Oasis, Stamper's Select White (Papertrey Ink)
Ink - Cote d'Azure (Palette)
Stamp - Fresh Alphabet (Papertrey Ink)
Other - Spring Moss Saddle Stitch Ribbon (Papertrey Ink)

No comments:

Post a Comment