Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Happy Trails!



Hello hello!! How is everyone doing? Things here are moving along. The weather is getting really hot and muggy, which is kind of unusual for San Diego. I took the girl's to the park yesterday and it was so hot we had to leave! I'm really looking forward to the summer and spending plenty of time at the beach. My husband says we are "beach contractor's", because we go there and set up for the whole day...haha. We have the canopy, the tables, a grill, we even got a wagon for Christmas that we are going to bust out this summer. We don't joke around!
Anyways, so I have started getting into The Cat's Pajamas challenges. I don't have a lot of their stamps but their challenges always seem fun so I try them out. This week was a color challenge and I'll have to say these colors are something I've never used before. I didn't even have anything Navy Blue in my stash so I ran over to Michael's to pick up some paper. =) I kept my card pretty simple but I like how it turned out. The navy paper is Bazzill and the green is Papertrey. The paper flowers are from Making Memories. They come in a jar with a ton of different size flowers in 3 shades of blue and there are also a bunch of buttons in the jar! I love them, I have them in brown also. It's a great way to get a bunch of embellishments all color coordinated. The glittery brads are something I picked up at Michael's also. They are by a brand called Recollections, which I think is a Michael's brand. There are 21 brads in the container and there are really cute ones, like glitter, pearls, and gemstones. They come in different colors too!
Ok...well hope you enjoy my card!
~Maryann

{Supplies}
Paper
- New Leaf, Stamper;s Select White (Papertrey), Great Lakes (Bazzill)
Ink - Brilliance Graphite Black
Stamps - Havin' A Pow Wow (The Cat's Pajamas)
Other - Copics, paper flowers (Making Memories), brad (Recollections)

1 comment:

  1. Maryann, this is so pretty!! I love the way you added the color to the stamped penguins :) And your layout is fun!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us - I hope you'll join us in the coming weeks!

    ReplyDelete